What a day! I have a new 27 inch widescreen monitor coming today. My 22 incher is a bit too small for the work that I am doing, so a new LG is enroute.
Qi Skills for 21st Century Living
We began homeschooling Karta in January of this year. We have developed a learning regime that works well for our son. Now, as he heads into adolescence, I have been looking into the life skills he will need to survive in the 21st century.
This morning, I came across the concept of Qi skills, a series of attributes that will benefit children of the 21st century. They are as follows.
- Me skills: self-awareness, self-control, focus and attention
- We skills: empathy, collaboration, active listening, communication, perspective taking = Emotional Intelligence
- Why skills: exploration, curiosity
- Will skills: drive, determination, perseverance
- Wiggle skills: physical and intellectual restlessness
- Wobble skills: agility, adaptability, ability to face, overcome and learn from failure
- What if skills (possibility skills): innovation, imagination, creativity, out-of-the-box thinking
In addition to these skills, we are teaching Karta how to do the laundry, cook a meal, shop for food, travel on public transport, wake up independently and how to pack a bag. He is learning how to order food at restaurants, manage money, plan an outing or a trip and, soon, how to care for another living being.
We will show Karta that he must have love, compassion, altruism, morality and justice in his heart as he moves through life. Most of these skills are not taught in school, so we are lucky to be in a position to prepare Karta for the beautiful life that is ahead of him.
Next Wednesday 27th May 2020 at 20.33 UTC, the first manned mission for the SpaceX Crew Dragon Demo-2 will blast off from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Centre in Florida.
Karta and I are taking time to digitise our DVD collection using a piece of free software called HandBrake. It really is very good.
Karta and I went to visit the newest residents at Wingham Wildlife Park. These Orangutans are the females of the clan, and the males were in a pen next door.
We are busy deciding on the possibility of homeschooling our son. If we decide to go down that road, I will be putting most of my projects on hold, and will only work on those when I have time.
Home education will take up a considerable amount of time but will give me plenty to write about.
That is all.